If you are trying to get your kids to eat something other than french fries and mac & cheese, here's a healthier twist on an old favorite!
2 large sweet potatoes
1 onion grated
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup cassava flour
1/4 cup coconut oil melted (or ghee, if you prefer)
1. Pre-cook sweet potatoes – either bake in the oven as you normally would, or in the microwave. For microwave, pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Wrap each potato in a paper towel and set on a plate. Cook for five minutes and check for doneness. Cook up to five more minutes until fully cooked. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a baking sheet. Grate the onion and mince the garlic. Use the large holes on the grater, but you can use the small holes to disguise the onion if necessary.
3. Remove skins from potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Mash thoroughly with a potato masher. Add remaining ingredients to bowl, and stir to combine. A slightly sticky dough will form.
4. Divide dough into four balls, and roll each ball into a log about one inch in diameter. Slice each log into tot-sized pieces. Arrange tots on prepared tray. Bake in preheated oven for 23-25 minutes, turning once.
5. Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
Photo & Recipe courtesy of Rally Pure